Bryan and I stayed up later than usual watching a movie, so morning came a little too early for me. Bryan was already checking out the online prices of some purchases we’ve been planning, and the girls were getting ready. I herded everyone to the kitchen where we made these cute Thanksgiving cinnamon rolls I found on Good Cheap Eats.
After breakfast, the girls and I started working on dinner foods. Hannah worked on mashed potates, and Emma started cranberry sauce. I got the turkey started, and then got ready for the day. We made rolls, stuffed peppers, and green beans. I had made desserts yesterday. A little after noon, we sat down to this.
We chatted with my parents over Skype since they ended up home alone for the holiday.
Now, we have a little cleaning to do to get ready for the big decorating day tomorrow.
But before we go, or family has been so blessed this year, we thought we’d share our Top Fourteen of 2014 Thankful List for this year all together and in no particular order.
Of course, we are thankful first for God and His Word and Jesus’s sacrifice for us. We’re thankful for food, clean air and water, shelter, Bryan’s job, and all of the computerized/internet automagic that goes with living in 2014. We’re deeply grateful for our family and those love. We’re thankful that all of us are in generally good health, but here’s the rest of the list
The Logan’s Top 14 of 2014 Things to be Thankful For
- Micah beginning to talk more and more and all the time
- Hannah getting braces
- New skills- Emma cooking, Micah walking, etc.
- Amie’s opportunity to teach Emma’s Essentials class
- Variety of weather (warmth after long winter, new snow to play in)
- Books! And weekly trips to the library we started this year
- Trip to Valley Fair
- Trip to Inspiration Point
- Redoing the kitchen
- Bryan expanded to the Apple App store
- Hannah’s alarm clock (Mom doesn’t have to get her up anymore!)
- Monster trucks (this mostly applies to Micah)
- Participating in Bible Bee another year
- Both girls got to participate the same choir this year, and Hannah loves being in older kids choir
What is your family thankful for this year?