Aack! Does that say 49 days? And looking at thebump.com, the baby is the size of a durian? What’s a durian? (Here’s the link to wikipedia for the interested) At least babycenter tells me he weighs as much as a pineapple. This ticker says honeydew. Pineapples, I know. Honeydews, I know. Durians, not so much. Anyway, apparently whichever fruit he might be, he should be a little more than 4 pounds and around 17 inches long.
Things that got done this week:
- bassinet is set up in our room
- crib sheets and mattress pads are purchased
- car seat/stroller combo is purchased
- I have 6 jars of spaghetti sauce ready for the freezer
Update from the doctor’s appointment:
- Baby is head down! Woohoo, Micah! Good job. Now stay that way! Not that I think he could really move that far with as short on space as we are.
- Baby is growing and amniotic fluid is good. Because of the two vessel cord, they figured they had to check growth so I couldn’t litigate them. He’s doing fine, though. I could have told them he’s growing, we’re running out of space here if I haven’t mentioned that before!
- Side note: Medical professionals, stop talking unless you have something important to say or good bedside manner! Even though you think it might be a good time to mention that boys don’t tolerate labor as well as girls (despite the fact that even before hospitals, millions of them seem to have survived), don’t!
So, as the title suggests, sleep doesn’t happen on a regular basis around here. So, I should be set for when baby gets here, right? 🙂 Between hiccups, feet in the ribs, going potty a thousand times, overheating, ligament pain, hip pain, heartburn, and thinking about what needs to get done, it’s getting difficult to sleep. I do seem to get regular sleep about every other night, though, and the girls were fantastically well behaved today, so things are pretty manageable yet.
Besides this, perhaps related, things are hilarious. If I read something funny, it is the funniest thing ever. This happened with Emma, too. I remember laughing with Bryan until I cried over something silly I said around this time as well.
And, now I waddle. I’m sure it’s quite adorable, just don’t tell me about it. I’m quite aware of it already. Oh well, at least I held off this long.
Only 7 more weeks until we are due. This is getting exciting people!